ASUS P8P67 and onboard ALC892 - not detected

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
I've had this P8P67 and been using my Auzen X-Fi for a few months now with a USB microphone built in to a webcam. But the quality sucks, so I want to plug in my Logitech desktop mic.

The problem is that my Auzen's mic port has never worked since day one, so in the past I plugged it into my old board's AC97 port with no issues. But the Realtek ALC892 on this board doesn't seem to be detected: http://i.imgur.com/IfHp9.png

I've tried what drivers I can find from their site but the page was unhelpfully vague, simply listing either AC97 or "HD Audio". The version I got was Win 7 x64 - R2.67.

Basically I just need anyone with any experience to let me know if there are known issues with these processors, or if I've just done/overlooked something obviously idiotic (I was on 36 hours without sleep when I did this so it's not unlikely).

I've done a lot of looking around in the BIOS just yesterday as I was reformatting and wanted AHCI enabled. Wasn't able to find anything referring to either.

EDIT: turns out the section it was under was just going straight to CPU management, for whatever reason, and I couldn't see the back button to get to onboard devices. It's enabled now and working, if terribly quietly. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back