ASUS P6T7 - Will It Fold?

Atlas Folder

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2012
I received my ASUS P6T7 from newegg yesterday along with an i7 and some DDR3 RAM.

Today I am testing the P6T7 against Folding@Home and four GTX295s. If anyone has any questions that they would like answered please post them here. I will be photographing/filming the BIOS screens, etc.

I will be making a video of my testing and posting on my Atlas Folder YouTube channel.

Jason

p6t7_1.jpg

Last edited:
Only things I'm curious about are if you see any difference compared to a normal board (probably not), and also if the heat increase from the second NF200 chip is anything significant.

Will this be part of your Atlas project or own rig? If part of the project, why did you move away from MSI K9A2 (I think that is what you are using).

Will you be running the SMP client as well?

That's a good question capreppy.

Almost nothing could get me to swap out the 14 MSI K9A2 Platinum motherboards that I'm using now. You're right.

This motherboard is a candidate for a new Folding project that I'm working on that I can't disclose yet. If it cannot run 4 dual-GPU cards it will probably end up as my home/gaming computer.

Also, I'm simply curious about this motherboard. After the failure of the Foxconn Destroyer to run with more than 2 dual-GPU cards installed (it has a 4 GPU limit) it can't be assumed that any motherboard with 4 dual-spaced PCIe slots will run 8 GPUs (4 GTX295s or 9800GX2s).

Jason

Will this be part of your Atlas project or own rig? If part of the project, why did you move away from MSI K9A2 (I think that is what you are using).

Will you be running the SMP client as well?

my guess is because he wanted the i7.. and you cant put an i7 on an msi k9a2.. not to mention an i7 running the notfred client came make more PPD then most expensive gpu's..

i'm with zero id like to see what kind of temps that board gets having 2 NF200 chips.. since we saw how hot the P6T6 WS ran..

edit... my guess was wrong.. atlas beat me to posting... :p

Back