• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus P6T V2 Temps high?

thatguyX

n00b
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
52
I'm switching over to WC, so far I have my GTX285 in a loop on it's own, but in the next week or so I'll be adding my CPU (i7 920-no OC). However, my motherboard temp has been around 45-50C before and after WC. When I wake/boot the system from cold it starts around ~35C then goes up and settles. As of right now my CPU/GPU/GPU-ambient/Motherboard is 32/43/38/49C. Is that ok for the motherboard? (I'm assuming that's measuring the NB primarily)

When I add my i7 into the loop I'll be adding an XSPC RX240 rad on top pushing up-out, I'm hoping this will help alleviate some of the motherboard temps as the NB,SB and mosfets are all connected via heatpipe. Should I be worried about this high Mobo temp?
 
It's really not that high, though lower is obviously always better. If you're worried you can probably get an 8-12C drop just by pulling the heatpipe and applying some decent paste. Something non-conductive like AC Ceramic or MX-2 though. No AS5 on motherboard chipsets.
 
I dont know about talking off the heatsink combo... seems like a pain because it connects 4 things >_< but the temp never really goes about 52C so I should be ok? I'm thinking about adding the little fan that include with the mobo. It pulls air down and onto one of the voltage mosfets. I will try it out once I put on a CPU waterblock. Would two be advisable? Also, would this really be that beneficial to the temps, as the air in the case may be warm from the front mounted rad...
 
Unless you find it to be the causes of instability when overclocking you don't need to worry about your NB temps. The X58 chipsets do not get that hot.
 
I haven't had any instability issues, but it just bugs me that my "system temp" is always higher than my gpu and cpu at idle. I tried adding the included fan that fits onto the mosfet cooler, no difference. Once I game for a while and then more or less go to idle it stays at 49C Maybe when I get the new WC Loop up, I'll try reversing the case exhaust to blow cool air in and all the exhaust will go up.
 
Back
Top