Asus P67 boards from Amazon, sealed? packing slip?

shilent

Limp Gawd
Everyone who ordered their Asus P67 board from Amazon, was the motherboard box sealed and did it come with an invoice or packing slip? My Sabertooth box didn't have any seal on it, and no invoice/packing slip.

i don't think any mobos I've bought are sealed... Maybe a sticker on the flaps of the ESD bag, but that's all

you should still get those small packing/invoice slip from amazon.. maybe its stuck in the flaps of the bottom?

I triple checked, no invoice. Not really a big deal, just might be a little bit more difficult to sell.

I triple checked, no invoice. Not really a big deal, just might be a little bit more difficult to sell.

you could print the invoice from your Amazon account,

but you have to supply your paper, ink , and it comes in a letter-form instead of a tiny slip :D... and you can edit out your address/personal info too from the html source :)

I haven't seen a seal on a mobo box in a long time. Also I only get packing slips with my Amazon purchases, not receipts.

There was plastic wrap on my ASUS M4A79T deluxe 2 years ago, but my Sabertooth P67 did not come sealed, either. I got mine from Newegg.

Cool, thanks guys. Been a while since I ordered a mobo, been buying them at Frys and it was always sealed. I was just worried that someone would think it was used.

Cool, thanks guys. Been a while since I ordered a mobo, been buying them at Frys and it was always sealed.
Fry's shrink wraps or seals the motherboard boxes with tape (or plastic straps) since they sit in the open retail area. They don't come from the manufacturer or distributor like that.

Fry's shrink wraps or seals the motherboard boxes with tape (or plastic straps) since they sit in the open retail area. They don't come from the manufacturer or distributor like that.

And Frys often re-shrink-wraps a returned product and then puts it back on the shelf for sale. Buyer be very aware! I've bought "new" items that were incomplete. It's a royal pain in the *** trying to convince their "customer service" :rolleyes: people to give you an exchange.

Nowadays, I buy almost everything from NewEgg. ;)

And Frys often re-shrink-wraps a returned product and then puts it back on the shelf for sale. Buyer be very aware! I've bought "new" items that were incomplete. It's a royal pain in the *** trying to convince their "customer service" :rolleyes: people to give you an exchange.

That doesn't make any sense. If it was difficult to return/exchange stuff at Fry's, you wouldn't have issues with 'incomplete' items in the first place. It is because they are so easy to take back stuff is why you get into this situation in the first place. Besides, Fry's is rather diligent at putting stickers on returns so that you can easily tell new stuff from returned and potentially damaged/incomplete. So I'd say pay attention to what you are picking up at Fry's and you'll never have a problem, and they do have a decent return policy unlike most of online shops - Newegg included

And Frys often re-shrink-wraps a returned product and then puts it back on the shelf for sale.
There are 2 kinds of returns: opened in store and customer opened.

Items that are returned unopened are often checked by customer service, where the item is opened and a sticker is placed on the inside of the box (packages where the contents are sealed in plastic and/or are completely visible through the packaging are not opened). When those are returned to the shelf, it may not be visible that the item had been previously returned. It is a new, unused item, but CS had opened the packaging in store. Not ideal, but whatever. People can be pretty dishonest and no legit customer likes buying a brick (cough, best buy, cough).

The other type of course is what you expect in a return. Some dopey customer couldn't get it working and/or just didn't want it anymore. The contents are checked when the item is returned and any missing parts are supposed to be written on sticker. Whether complete or not, a white sticker with an orange border with the discounted price adjustment is placed on the outside of the box. If someone buys a customer return to save 5%, they should check it before leaving the store. That is good advice for any store.

I've been shopping at Fry's (a lot) since the local one opened almost 16 years ago. Only twice in that time did I have a problem with a missing part in a discounted return that wasn't already marked on the outside of the box ("missing xxxxxx"). One time I had a problem in a clearly new box and the manufacturer admitted they messed up (BFG didn't include a PCIe 6 pin adapter as promised on the box). In store CS verified the problem by opening another new item.

Since you brought up newegg, do I have some stories about "open box". Firstly, many are not "open box". Items are often stripped bare and are essentially untested customer returns. I have received more than a few DOA items and won't touch certain Newegg "open box" items anymore. My favorite was a "crunchy" video card I got from Chief Value. Yes, they sent me a video card with a crushed GPU.

That doesn't make any sense. If it was difficult to return/exchange stuff at Fry's, you wouldn't have issues with 'incomplete' items in the first place. It is because they are so easy to take back stuff is why you get into this situation in the first place. Besides, Fry's is rather diligent at putting stickers on returns so that you can easily tell new stuff from returned and potentially damaged/incomplete. So I'd say pay attention to what you are picking up at Fry's and you'll never have a problem, and they do have a decent return policy unlike most of online shops - Newegg included

I have had return experiences at Frys that were "easy" and which were "hard." And I have bought items at Frys that were clearly returned-incomplete, yet there were no labels of any kind.

Frys treats their employees like **** and that's the kind of "service" we all get when we shop there. Which is why I mostly don't.

Since you brought up newegg, do I have some stories about "open box". Firstly, many are not "open box". Items are often stripped bare and are essentially untested customer returns. I have received more than a few DOA items and won't touch certain Newegg "open box" items anymore. My favorite was a "crunchy" video card I got from Chief Value. Yes, they sent me a video card with a crushed GPU.

+1. I've made only one purchase off Newegg of an "open box" - ATI 9800 pro back in the day... it arrived DOA, worked but striping all over the place... prolly shot RAM. Never again I've tried that with newegg. Fry's entirely different story - I can always clearly see a return and avoid it... unless I'm really desperate and even then I can easily return it in case something's wrong.

I have had return experiences at Frys that were "easy" and which were "hard." And I have bought items at Frys that were clearly returned-incomplete, yet there were no labels of any kind.

Frys treats their employees like **** and that's the kind of "service" we all get when we shop there. Which is why I mostly don't.

that's an exception to the rule, rather than the rule, don't you think?:rolleyes:

Back