Asus P5RD2-VM Overclock?

mastrmndv2

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
83
It seems as though there are only a couple of 775 motherboards compatiable with the Pentium D that don't use Intels ICH7 southbridge chipset. I have heard and read that this chipset is very restrictive for overclocking potential. Ofcourse while searching I stumbled across the P5RD2 and its ULI southbridge and was wondering if anyone has had good success with overclocking this board. I realize that these are all mATX boards and don't carry the capacity to overclock as do their larger brothers, however, I'm still looking for the motherboard that will give me the most out of my P 805, and was wondering if anyone had any first hand information on this board.
 
The P5RD2-VM has some really great overclocking options for such a budget board. its actually a GREAT value for budget 775 overclocking. It has no voltages (so youde need a good stock OC chip like a 900 series or 805) but it does have FSB up to 400 and memory timings and dividers.
 
Do you still recommend the Abit LG-81 over it, as far as overclockable? Also what chipset does the LG-81 use?
 
Back
Top