Asus P5Q-E + E8400

Vercinaigh

Gawd
Ok I don't so much need help with overclocking more so as help figuring out why when I the A.I tweaker to manual, no matter what I set, even leaving all at defaults, the system will refuse to post.

Could possibly be the ram, i know when i had a p5k3 and some g-skill ddr3 stuff it would run absolutely fine stock, even let me o/c the ram but as soon as i upped the fsb no post. I would have to power it off and when it boots says overclocking failed.

I upgraded to some corsair and it worked fine.

Well here's the thing, even at stock settings, just switching it to manual so I can start overclocking, and just saving that state, stock but ready to be changed, won't load. I have no idea why, I'm sure I'm not explaining that right, hopefully that makes sense.

Well here's the thing, even at stock settings, just switching it to manual so I can start overclocking, and just saving that state, stock but ready to be changed, won't load. I have no idea why, I'm sure I'm not explaining that right, hopefully that makes sense.

Have you tried updating to the latest bios?

I did that the moment i got it, I'm a avid builder and such but this is weird...even underclocking doesn't allow it to boot in manual mode, it's weird. My last mobo with all the same parts did 3.82ghz, so....

Did you actually try to overclock when you had the stock bios?

You could try going back to the orig bios or a diff 1 to test.

I did indeed, same thing, not sure what is going on XD I'm willing to try anything though. As I'm very stumped.

This has to be a software error because the board is stable on stock, but only at auto. I cannot get it t boot with any setting at all when it's on manual, so confused.

Ok just got a modded bios, apparently a popular thing to do with these boards, no change what so ever in it's behavior.

Just curious..
signature_distory.jpg
but what wattage and make is your power supply?

Back