Asus P5Q deluxe usb problems

Excko

n00b
Good morning,

I have an Asus P5Q deluxe motherboard with the following problem. When I plug a usb 2.0 hard drive in the front usb port on the case, it recognizes it as a usb 2.0 device. However, when I plug it in the USB ports in the back panel, it won't recognize it as a usb 2.0 device.

When I look into the device manager, out of the 8 usb ports that I have on the motherboard, 6 out of 8 are being recognized as Universal ports instead of Enhanced ports.

I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit, and the drivers for the chipset of the motherboard are the latest version from the asus website. Windows is also fully updated from the latest windows update.

Any help?

thanks.

Yea, I run trackIR and when I plug it in to the rear panels it says that I have faster USBs available and when I plug it in to the Case USBs on the front I dont get that message.

Same problem here.

6 of 8 USB listed as Universal ports instead of Enhanced ports in Device Manager.

P5Q Deluxe
BIOS 2201
USB controller set to Hi Speed (USB 2.0) in BIOS.
Windows XP SP3
Chipset level 9.0.0.1009. Also installed chipset drivers 9.1.2.1007 from Intel site, but not difference.

4 USB internal motherboard header ports are 2.0
2 rear panel USB ports next to audio i/o are 2.0
4 rear panel USB ports at top and middle are 1.1.

Back