Asus P5N32 E-SLI Plus 650i

Does anyone know where I can purchase this board? I tried newegg, and they do not sell it anymore. Any help or other reccommendations are appreciated.

Gigabyte makes a much better board for intel chips. I have the GA-P35-DS3L, and love it. The nvidia 650i does not have the upgrade option for the new Intel 45 nm processors, but the Gigabyte does. I have an Asus P5NE-SLI and I have to say that it sucks. Nvidia just doesn't have it when it comes to Intel CPU's. The only thing that I can say is, if I had to purchase again I would go with the GA-P35-DS3R!

Spartus4

Thanks for your reply Spartus4.

Unfourtunately, whatever board I end up purchasing has to support SLI, last I heard the Intel chipset only supports 1 card or an Ati Crossfire configuration. Also, according to the Asus site, the P5N32 E-SLI Plus supports 45nm C2D's. If there is anything similar, here is my requirements for a board.

*45nm support
*Dual RJ-45 Ports
*SLI Support
*6 SATAII Ports
*Preferably below $200

Gigabyte makes a much better board for intel chips. I have the GA-P35-DS3L, and love it. The nvidia 650i does not have the upgrade option for the new Intel 45 nm processors, but the Gigabyte does. I have an Asus P5NE-SLI and I have to say that it sucks. Nvidia just doesn't have it when it comes to Intel CPU's. The only thing that I can say is, if I had to purchase again I would go with the GA-P35-DS3R!

Spartus4
There is a vast difference between the Plus and the Non-Plus P5NE-SLi motherboards from Asus. The Plus is essentially the Striker PCB with different NB and SB thrown on there. It has the all-solid caps (etc.) where the non-Plus does not. Thought it is true that it will have problems with the newer CPUs, for the CPUs that it does work with, it usually does so very well. Indeed, in my case, and the case of many others, flawlessly.

Keep in mind that this board is not "really" a 650i and has all the features of a 680i chipset (even uses the 680i drivers) without a lot of the bizarre problems (burning up, killing RAM, etc.) that plagued the 680i. I, Dan_D, and many others have noted that this board is a keeper. And I'm sorry to see it is now hard to find. If mine dies (doh!), I'll miss it!

Back