Asus P5N-E SLI

Keetha

Limp Gawd
Hi all. I'm having some serious problems with this board and my G.Skill RAM. I have 4x1GB sticks.

With 2 sticks in, I can get 5-5-5-15 1T @ 800 fine.

With a little bit of voltage (1 step up) I can do 3 sticks at 5-5-5-15 2T @ 800 fine.

No matter what I do, I can't get the board with 4 sticks. Any time it hits a GUI type thing, the computer freezes or reboots. It's not bad RAM. I've RMAed that RAM and I have tried the new sticks in every combination possible with 3 sticks and they all work fine. The second I put a 4th stick in, I get non-stop memory errors on MemTest86.

I tried to update my BIOS from 0401 to 0505, but every time I do, I get an error that basically says "You can't downgrade your BIOS version." I've tried 3 different floppies that work fine on other computers and I've downloaded the BIOS at least twice from ASUS. The funny thing is, on the part where you update the BIOS (in EZ Flash or w/e) it says my current BIOS is 0401 and it gives the date as 01-xx-07 (Don't know the exact date). On the part where it says the selected BIOS, it says 0505 and 03xx-07.

Any help on either problem please? Thanks!

PS. I can only post from work ATM. I somehow seem to have forgotten my password and am only logged at work. My registered e-mail address is also incorrect because Comcast bought my old ISP.

Check the Asus support forums. This board looks to be useless when trying to run 4 sticks. Also, from what I have read, the 0505 BIOS is an unstable piece of junk, and people seem to recommend 0401.

Back