retardude48
Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 30, 2007
- Messages
- 512
I have an Asus P5N-E Sli with 650i chipset. Please look at my specs below for my system details.
Recently, I tried to overclock my cpu a bit higher than my current overclock setup (3.0GHz at 333.3 bus speed with x9 multiplier running unlinked) since I've heard good things about overclocking this processor to the high 3 GHz with aftermarket HSF. I went to 345 which is 3.1 GHz, and when running prime 95, I received an error in the first core. I can properly boot up and load the OS and everything up to 375 bus speed. But it is when I stress test with prime 95, I always develop an error on the first core.
Right now, OC'ed to 3.0 GHz, I am running stable with no errors. I have done everything in my power to get this processor to overclock higher and running stable. It seems like I have hit the wall but other people with the same processor and board have been getting 3.8 GHz with aftermarket HSF. I would like to clock higher with my system. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, I have been following this thread closely to overclocking my system. Look at first post on page. http://forums.anandtech.com/message...yword=&STARTPAGE=92&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
Recently, I tried to overclock my cpu a bit higher than my current overclock setup (3.0GHz at 333.3 bus speed with x9 multiplier running unlinked) since I've heard good things about overclocking this processor to the high 3 GHz with aftermarket HSF. I went to 345 which is 3.1 GHz, and when running prime 95, I received an error in the first core. I can properly boot up and load the OS and everything up to 375 bus speed. But it is when I stress test with prime 95, I always develop an error on the first core.
Right now, OC'ed to 3.0 GHz, I am running stable with no errors. I have done everything in my power to get this processor to overclock higher and running stable. It seems like I have hit the wall but other people with the same processor and board have been getting 3.8 GHz with aftermarket HSF. I would like to clock higher with my system. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, I have been following this thread closely to overclocking my system. Look at first post on page. http://forums.anandtech.com/message...yword=&STARTPAGE=92&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear