Asus P5LD2 Power Button connection issue

dispatched

n00b
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
17
Alright, [H] here's my problem:

I have built some old components together inside the chassis from an even older Dell Power Edge 600SC. I am using an Asus P5LD2 mobo, which requires a 10x2 pin layout for the front panel connection (Power button, Reset button, Power/HD LEDs). However, the front panel connector from the Dell is laid out 10x1. All system components are receiving power, but no matter how I attempted to connect the front panel, the power button did not power the system on. So my question is this: is there any kind of hardware adapter to remedy this issue, and also would it be possible to, in some way, "jump start" the system just so I can get it running?

Any help would be appreciated.
 
if you dont care about the light reset button and crap.. if you have an old case laying around that you dont use rip the power button out of it and connect that and just leave the button inside the case.. or you could try rewiring the front panel if you know what wires are for each part on the front panel.. just solder the wires to the pins on the motherboard..
 
Back
Top