ASUS P5K-E WIFI-AP Edition Problems PLEASE Help

gener1c

n00b
I seem to be having a common issue with this board not saving the bios settings. I can edit them once save and then go in to windows with no issues until I power down my system. When it on I get the "Any change in BIOS results in "Overclocking Failed"" message. XP And Vista.

I have cleared the cmos. I have tried everyone's suggestion over at ASUS's forum section. Im pretty sure its a bios issue since it is a common issue and not isolated.

System Info
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
ASUS P5K-E WIFI-AP BIOS-503
Thermaltake MaxOrb
Thermaltake PurePower RX 600W
2 Gigs of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
HIS ATI HD2600 XT
ATI TV Wonder 650
2 x 250GB WD SATA drives

I had the same problems as you with this MB, but eventually got rid of it. Not exactly sure how, though.

A few things I did that you might try:

Make sure RAM is in the yellow slots

BIOS, Jumperfree config.:
Set "Ai overclocking" to "Manual" in BIOS (you don't have to overclock)
Configure RAM manually
Disable "Spread spectrum" for both CPU and PCIE.
Disable "CPU voltage dampening"

BIOS, CPU config:
Disable "Vanderpool technology", "Speedstep" and "Enhanced halt state"

BIOS, chipset config:
Disable Memory remapping

Jon67 what are your system specs by the way, i just need to make sure... I can get rid of the overclocking failed message but now after my computer is turned off i have to kill the power supply then turn it back on before it will even boot.

Q6600
P5K-E
Crucial Ballistix 6400 2x1GB
2x 320GB Seagate Barracuda (not raid)
Big Typhoon VX120
Corsair HX520
X1950Pro

Running stable at 3 GHz for some days now. Vcore set manually to 1.35V i BIOS, reads 1.30V in CPU-Z. I'm using BIOS version 0401.

Did you get to install the OS? After I installed XP Pro, it seemed to go smoother through POST.

I have Vista installed, I installed XP pro as well.. same results with booting up... Once my system boots up it is perfectly fine though.. It just I usually do not leave my computer on when I am not home.....also My computer is Idling around 43 but with core temp the temps of each core are 51 50 44 45... thats with speedstep enabled but idles around 48 when speedstep is disabled... Also my system temp is 35... Ive rarely had any issues with any of the motherboards i have used in the past or set up for people... its just this board is just a pain in my ass right now...

Seems the motherboard was defective, I RMA'd it and it is working perfectly now

Back