• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus P5K Deluxe

Garr3T

n00b
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
21
Man have I never had more frustration with a MoBo. Got one of these boards last week, got her all set up and bam wouldn't boot without a bios flash (Apparently the board does not like Quad Core, even though it advertises support). So flashed the bios, and I swear ive never dealt with a more unstable Motherboard. The crazy part is this happened with two identical boards ordered at the same time (Was building two PC's). I searched on the internet and found a ton of people were having the same issues, and had to RMA their boards. We ended up getting two EVGA 680i MoBo's and had no issues what so ever. I'm a little disappointed that Asus would have that kind of QC that two boards would leave in such a piss poor condition, and would advise anyone looking at this board to be careful with their purchase.

I honestly think Asus just tries to do too much stuff with their Bios, AI over clock, auto this and that, etc etc etc.
 
Its all good, just super annoyed at the inconvience it caused this weekend
 
im having a ton of problems with my P5K. USB ports are all screwed up. sometimes it detects my drives sometimes it doesnt. sometimes when i have my usb hard drive connected, it wont even post! im gonna RMA this and sell it off when i get the board back. gonna go ahead and buy an ABIT IP35 pro to replace this awful board. ive never had so many problems with a board ever.
 
Ok , Ive had this issue all week concerning my P5k Deluxe , i was wondering once and for all i would get some response.

I was wondering If anyone have had good luck with the P5k Deluxe/wifi and the NEW Intel E8400 3.0 Ghz CPU??? I have not read any reviews on this combo and since i play it safe before I Build with any component , I Need lotz of reviews on THAT component. So far the Asus update to support this CPU is the latest 0705 BIOS. If anyone pumped the combo, hitt this post up for refrence. Thanks
 
Back
Top