ASUS P5E3 Premium Wi-Fi @P - General Questions for First-Time Builder

WolfpupNX

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Getting the last components for my first build and I'm looking forward to it. Took a quick look at the moteherboard (ASUS P5E3 Premium Wi-Fi @P) and have a few quick questions:

1.) It came with two optional fans that mount near the heatsink around the processor. They have a warning on them that say to only install if using passive or water cooling. Since I'm using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, I take it I should NOT install these at all as this would be considered active cooling? (I keep thinking extra cooling shouldn't be a bad thing, but I don't want to cause problems either).

2.) Speaking of the Freezer 7 Pro, the directions with that seem to indicate the fan should orient towards the back in *most* cases. I'm in the Silverstone Temjin TJ-09 - is this also the case here?

3.) According to the manual, it looks like the best slots to put a pair of DIMMS is in the two black slots instead of orange. (Though I'm not sure it matters, except there's a little more space for black since orange is nearest the heat sink.) Correct? I want to make sure I use dual channel.

4.) I notice it comes with two antennas for the wi-fi capability. Any particular reason you'd use both?

Thanks.

Back