• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus P5B Deluxe doesn't beep

crassvs

n00b
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
9
I got a problem with my new build. Although it is unfinished at this time (the RAM is missing) I tried to power it up and see what happens. As I hit the power button, the mainboard powered up - the status LED was red and the fans were spinning - and I thought, "Great, everything is fine, now you will hear an error code.". But it was silent - not a single beep, although I have connected the case speaker correctly with the mainboard.

The same situation happened with the same power supply (an Antec NeoHE 500W) and my old build, with a DFI LP nForce 4 board. At that time I thought that the PSU was incompatible with that board only, but now that the same thing happened with my new build I think that the PSU is defect.

When no RAM is inserted into the P5B Deluxe the PC speaker should beep an error code right?
 
kiwi.fruit said:
It should beep but don't worry till you actually get RAM and test it :)

Well, I'm worrying because the same thing happened before and my old build was not able to boot with that PSU, although it booted fine with a different one. It received power like my new build but wouldn't beep either.
 
I think I've been seeing on this forum that Asus motherboards and Antec PSU's don't work well together for some reason. Do you have a different PSU to try out?

When that Antec PSU failed to power the other system, but a new one did fine, why did you keep the Antec?
 
ryan_975 said:
I think I've been seeing on this forum that Asus motherboards and Antec PSU's don't work well together for some reason.
I have heard about that too, but I thought only Asus boards with nForce 4 chipset were affected.

ryan_975 said:
Do you have a different PSU to try out?
Theoretically I do, but its from a no name brand and only 200W or so, and I don't want that PSU to die when I power up my system.

ryan_975 said:
When that Antec PSU failed to power the other system, but a new one did fine, why did you keep the Antec?
My old PSU (the one in my sig) died because of an over voltage in the power system so I grabbed the Antec and found that it wasn't able to power the system. Further inspection showed that the mainboard was partially defect as well - it would start Windows but an IDE port and the LAN ports were dead. So I decided to keep the Antec PSU for my new build.
 
Back
Top