Asus P4C800 E-Deluxe USBPW78 headers do not work!

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I'm been having problems with my USB Headers. ON the Asus board, there are two sets of USB Headers that USB peripherals can hook up to....

The USB Headers are labeled as USBPW78 and the USBPW56. I recently bought a Mitsumi internal flash card reader and I tried to plug it into USBPW78 and it doesn't work, but when I plug it into USBPW56 it works like a charm... the funny thing is that I used to have the four port USB that Asus supplied into the motherboard into the USBPW78, but now I tried to plug it in now, it doesn't work! This is strange! I even reset the CMOS.... still no luck!

Hope this isn't confusing... :oops:

i have a asus p4c800 deluxe not E-deluxe and i had a similar problem and the cause of the problem was xp's sp 1 u need to go to windows update and install the driver or watever it is its at Microsoft Hopefully it will work for you if this doesn't work then i dont know

Nope that doesn't work. I know it wouldn't be a software issue because if it was the USBPW78 wouldn't light up when starting the the computer. The USBPW56 doesn't light up at all.

Suki243 said:
i have a asus p4c800 deluxe not E-deluxe and i had a similar problem and the cause of the problem was xp's sp 1 u need to go to windows update and install the driver or watever it is its at Microsoft Hopefully it will work for you if this doesn't work then i dont know

sry that that didn't work if i find anything else out i'll post bak :confused: Maybe asus support can help u

Back