Asus P4C800 E-Deluxe Cannot read floppy disk?

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone,

I have just installed an Asus P4C800 E-Deluxe Mobo, everything seems to work great except for my new floppy drive. For some reason when I pop the floppy disk into my floppy drive, the floppy drive light comes on but it cannot read the disk and keeps saying "Please insert Floppy disk" as if the floppy wasn't inserted. Im using a rounded floppy cable and used both ends of them and still has the same "Please insert Floppy disk" message. Does anyone have any ideas? I have also tested this out on another floppy drive and still have the same errors. Oh yeah I'm running Windows XP pro.

baldyguy said:
Hello everyone,

I have just installed an Asus P4C800 E-Deluxe Mobo, everything seems to work great except for my new floppy drive. For some reason when I pop the floppy disk into my floppy drive, the floppy drive light comes on but it cannot read the disk and keeps saying "Please insert Floppy disk" as if the floppy wasn't inserted. Im using a rounded floppy cable and used both ends of them and still has the same "Please insert Floppy disk" message. Does anyone have any ideas? I have also tested this out on another floppy drive and still have the same errors. Oh yeah I'm running Windows XP pro.

Based on my understanding of your post, and if I read right... I'll have to say:

Ever occur to you that the floppy disk that your using is bad? Comeon if it doesn't work on one floppy drive and another one, you'd gotta think it's the floppy disk by now.

the cable could be upside down

it could be disabled in the bios

it could be a bad floppy drive

it could be a bad floppy disk

My guess also is the floppy cable or it's not configured out in bios........He's probably to excited to overclock :D j/k....

If the cable was backward the light would remain on continuously even with no disc in the drive. If that is not the case then your cable , drive or flopppy disc is bad or your bios settings are incorrect.

I have the same issue with a P4P800. After testing different drives, disks, and cables..... ones that work on other PCs, I've concluded that it's likely a problem with the P4P800. I just gave up on it. No floppy drive for me. :( Never called Asus though. Probably should.

btw, does the drive get hot if you leave it in? Mine did. Not sure what that means.

Back