Asus or Realtek driver?

lathode

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
1,441
Should I use an audio drive for Realtek ALC1200 from Asus or Realtek? The driver from Realtek has a newer release date, is there any reason to use the driver from Asus?
 
Unless the Asus implementation has some specific features not present in the Realtek one and you'd like to make use of them... no. Just use the Realtek drivers.
 
I think asus just stops updating their drivers after so long.. just get the realtek ones as that's pretty much all asus provides anyways. although, many times they can a year+ older than the ones realtek has on their site.
 
I have an Asus A8V Deluxe using vista 32 Home, and Asus doesn't list a Vista driver for the Realtek codec. I've installed the Realtek Vista driver, but I don't see an option for optical or digital out. Maybe the MB maker has to add that capability to the driver?
 
Back
Top