ASUS N7800GTX TOP and A8N-SLI Premium

Hello All,

I currently own the A8N-SLI Premium Mobo, and I am contemplating buying the ASUS N7800GTX Top Video card for my system. The reason I like this card is because it blows the hot air out of my case along with the uber overclocking abilities of this card. This is a brand new gaming rig I am building and I would like some opinions on possibly purchasing this card.

Here are my rig details:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Toledo 4400+
Thermalright XP90C (Copper)
Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA(Boot/OS drvie)
Maxtor 300GB 16MB Cache SATA (Apps/Games drive)
2 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 System RAM
19" Samsung Syncmaster LCD

I will be playing the following games, Doom3, BF2, Half Life2, Starship Troopers, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, Silent Hunter III.

I would like to know the following about the video card:

1) Is anyone using my configuration listed above with this video card? How do you like the performance?

2) In the future, when I go SLI, will 2 cards fit perfectly for my rig?

I just want to make absolutely before I spend $570 the card fits, and it gives me the performance I am looking for.

I appreciate any replies on this, thanks again. :cool:

HEHE i can answer number 2 for you. The 2nd ASUS 7800GTX TOP will fit but you will lose 1 PCI slot. that about it.

I've got a A8N-SLI Premium running with an MSI 7800GTX (overclocked to 480 Core) and a 3700 @ FX-57 (3700 @ stock is the same as your Toledo, less one core) speeds, runs faster than a dog with his nuts on fire.

With the Asus TOP 7800GTX, you'll get some uber speed out of it. If you go SLI though, you may start running into CPU limitations unless you get some serious overclocking out of that 4400.

So Sgt did you encounter any problems with spacing, any transistors, or did the heatpipe get in the way of the video card? :cool:

1. Performance is top notch, you wont go wrong with that card, or the XFX version. The difference being the XFX puts the GPU heat back in the case, while the Asus forces the heat outside the case.

2. SLI motherboards are designed to fit two cards. However, I have read that the N7800GTX will only fit in the Asus SLI motherboard due to their size.

Check out This Link for further info on this.

Back