ASUS Motherboard for 8800 gt ??

umer_qam

n00b
Hi friends ,
I need ur help .I need a xpert vision nvidia geforce 8800 gt 512 MB compatible ASUS MOTHERBOARD .

My present motherboard is ASUS A8VM-SE.It is not compatible

It is good if it is not too expensive

pls help me

Why do you need an ASUS motherboard? You can put an 8800GT on any PCI-E board.

Using an Asus P5B Deluxe wifi with an 8800gt, and have used it with an 8800gtx and 7950gx2, and no big problems. Great motherboard. :)

Why is the board not compatible? I found "ASUS A8V-VM SE" and it's listed as a Socket 939 board with one PCI-E X16 slot so it should work.

The real problem is my "Xpert Vision 8800 GT 512 Mb " is not being detected in my motherboard A8V VMSE

How do I update my BIOS ???

I tried updating BIOS using ASUS update , but it always shows "Too many users, try later "

Any solutions ??

here's a link to the bios updates from Asus for that board.
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Make sure that any other vid card drivers are removed. You may need to get a "driver cleaner" to remove all of the old drivers. Some one from [H] turned me on to one from www.drivercleaner.net with out it there may still be some crap left behind that a normal unistall will leave.

Also I'd look in the bios to make sure that it is looking for a pcie card. Mine (also an Asus) has options for onboard, pci, and pcie. I have mine set to first use the pcie, but if no card is installed it will then use the onboard.

Back