• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus Mobo Compatable Sound Card?

Pacer5000

n00b
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
44
I've been using onboard sound cards for as long as i can remember. I've never really cared enough to upgrade until recently. I was told that onboard sound cards take up more cpu usage than add on cards. Since i am getting ready for the release of Oblivion, I've decided to finally upgrade. I'm looking for a decent card ($75-$100) that's compatable with my Asus A8N-SLI Premium Mobo. I've read a lot of complaints about certain cards having issues (mostly Creative) with my mobo. I looked at the new X-FI series, but again... I've read about driver issues. Can anyone recommend a decent card that will be compatable with my mobo? I currently have a 2.1 speaker set up... but might upgrade later.

Thanks in advance :)
 
I would recommend either the Audigy 2 ZS or the more expensive X-Fi Xtrememusic.
 
i've heard of issues with the x-fi and nforce chipset as well, just don't have any confirmation
 
I have an Audigy2 ZS and the A8N SLI Premium, works perfectly fine and I plan on getting surround in my room (thinking of the Klipsch Pro Media). I don't know if it was because I'm running a dual core, but I could only install the drivers for it, creatives software made my PC crash and stuff. It's not like I used that crap anyway though :rolleyes:

Basically, any card _should_ work as long as you only install the drivers, it's the other software that usually screws stuff up.
 
Back
Top