ASUS Maximus Formula @ [H]

Jodiuh,

The fan that caused me problems was a 1300rpm fan (standard issue on a Lian Li A71)

Regards

Dodge

ADDA? I had a PC 65 w/ some of their 80's and they did a decent enough job.

I just got back from Fry's Tempe and they had at least 5 brand new unopened Maximus. And the egg also has them in stock.

Need some suggestions tonight I was overclocking and I got stuck in Bios post... LCD poster is stuck on CPU INIT... ive tryed resetting the bios and nothing seems to work,

I know its not not stuck in an CPR state because the LCD poster wont come off CPU INIT and the Motherboard voltage lights from green to Red are all staying on so im thinking either the Bios is bad, or the Bios is just stuck and wont go through its pre checks.

I had this problem once before and it did the same thing except for last time I was on the 1003 bios and after the 5th boot or so it came up with this bios flash utiltly that said I had a Bad bios build, and it reflashed my bios to whatever was on the Asus Cd, which was is the drive at the time I notice after words.

Anyone else had this problem?? and how is it being fixed??

Update:

Both Cpu and Mainboard got fryed some how I had to RMA both, thanks to everyone who tryed to help.

Thanks for the response... ive done some reading and this board has a common issue were it gets stuck in cpu-init state and doesnt come out, now if my cpu fried is another story ill be testing that later on today.

Ive tryed everything up till right now Cmos button fliping the dip switch back, lifted the battery and reset the cmos, removed the ram and cpu to get a beep code.. and nothing.... this sound an alarm right away to me when there was no beeps. RMA time

Marc

i have been having problems w/ my system and have been reading its because of LLC enabled (on 45nm quads mostly)so i tried to manual the settings on extreme tweaker and running everything on stock and upped the nb voltage to 1.4 but still having problems and it crashes when i leave my pc idle(after i go to bed).

i have been reading that i have to up the vcore (how much?) and where is th voltage as i cant find vcore in the settings. Is there anything else i need to manual it?

if anyone is having the same unstability issue please reply.

Hey, got a couple of questions here ... sorry if they been answered before =x
So i just go the Maximus Formula (cant get Rampage where i live), i been doing some OC
Right now im at 3600MHZ 400FSB and 1.235v on bios (CPUZ shows 1.191-1.21v) and 1.45v NB (1.47v on Asus Probe II)

Now my questions are
1) Should i believe the bios Vcore ? or CPUZ is the actual one ?
2) At 1.45v (1.47v) i see the green light on my NB voltage but on Asus Probe II i get the alarm for overvoltage
3) My NB temp is around 55-65°c, which seems unusually high ... for me

Im using the following:
E8400 @ 3600 400FSB 1.21v + Thermaltake BigTyphoon VX
4GB (2x2) DDR2 800 OCZ Reaper 5-5-5-15 (4-4-4-15 stock) @ 2.1v
Maximus Formula (duh!) NB 1.47v rest on default

System is quite stable, only did 4hrs Prime95 but havent had a single error... temps are Core1 17°c Core2 25°c on idle and max Core1 39°c Core2 46°c

I believe the Maximus Formula has been discontinued. It has been replaced with the Rampage Formula which is almost identical. The difference is that the newer version has an updated BIOS with additional features and it uses the X48 instead of the X38 chipset.

Actually, it looks like the P5E replaced the MaxFormula.

I just bought the P5E today, and when installing it into my mobo tray, something caught my eye. The "P5E" was actually printed on a black sticker strip.
P5E_sticker.jpg

Why would they do that? Why not just print it directly onto the motherboard? What was it hiding? I peeled off the sticker.

P5E-MaxFormula.jpg

I just bought the P5E today, and when installing it into my mobo tray, something caught my eye. The "P5E" was actually printed on a black sticker strip.
Image snip....

Why would they do that? Why not just print it directly onto the motherboard? What was it hiding? I peeled off the sticker.

Image snip....

No, the P5E is from a different line. In the ROG line the Rampage Formula DID replace the Maximus Formula. The only difference is that the Rampage Formula has a more in depth BIOS and it uses the X48 chipset instead of the X38. So hardware wise they are really identical. Many people have even flashed their Maximus Formula with the Rampage Formula BIOS in order to get the extra settings and it works.

So Asus is just using up their old MF PCB's for the P5E then.
Would it be possible to flash the P5E with an X38-based MF BIOS?

P5E_sticker.jpg

P5E-MaxFormula.jpg

rofl

So Asus is just using up their old MF PCB's for the P5E then.
Would it be possible to flash the P5E with an X38-based MF BIOS?

I do not know. ASUS has used the same PCB for multiple boards in the past however that won't guarantee anything as far as the BIOS ROMs are concerned.

Almost threw it in the trash. A while back I had added 2Gig Corsair 8500 to the 2Gig of Crucial 8500 I already had. No boot "DET RAM" message. Take it out and "DET RAM" forever. Changed everything like a monkey. Finally got it to come back up with the original 2Gig in it. Returned the Corsair and got some more Crucial eventually and no problem. These were all the same timing. Now, upgraded to Q9450 which needed a bios flash. No big deal. Oh yeah, stock heat sink would not clear capacitors so I got an aftermarket which required pulling board to install. I know, "Waaa!" Get "DET RAM" message again. Do more research and decide to try fix other people posted by getting a cheap throw down stick of 6400 memory. This allowed me to get to the bios again which I couldn't do. Shut it down and put it back together with all my Crucial 8500 and it works. Some enthusiast board, I haven't had this many issues since having to worry about IRQs. Hope this helps people get past the DET RAM lockout.

Almost threw it in the trash. A while back I had added 2Gig Corsair 8500 to the 2Gig of Crucial 8500 I already had. No boot "DET RAM" message. Take it out and "DET RAM" forever. Changed everything like a monkey. Finally got it to come back up with the original 2Gig in it. Returned the Corsair and got some more Crucial eventually and no problem. These were all the same timing. Now, upgraded to Q9450 which needed a bios flash. No big deal. Oh yeah, stock heat sink would not clear capacitors so I got an aftermarket which required pulling board to install. I know, "Waaa!" Get "DET RAM" message again. Do more research and decide to try fix other people posted by getting a cheap throw down stick of 6400 memory. This allowed me to get to the bios again which I couldn't do. Shut it down and put it back together with all my Crucial 8500 and it works. Some enthusiast board, I haven't had this many issues since having to worry about IRQs. Hope this helps people get past the DET RAM lockout.

I don't know what to tell you other than I had no problems with the Maximus Formula or Rampage Formula boards. Both were nothing short of excellent. Your board is obviously a flaky one but that doesn't mean that it is an example of how all of them are.

Back