asus maximus formula DDR5 RGB issue

Stanley14

n00b
Hi all
Having an issue with icue not seeing my motherboard or corsair ram sticks. Fans I can control ok though.. is there an easy way to check a few things to get this sorted? Anyone else have similar issues with icue ?
Whole RGB process seems a bit of a nightmare from my first impression

are you using the correct icue software? there are 2 versions, make sure you have the new one. Also the hardware is pretty new, they might need to update the software to recognise it.

RGB is a nightmare as there is no one software that can control it all. Even if you buy everything from a single vendor (where possible) you aren't necessarily guaranteed to have a good experience with it. That said, with RAM I sometimes have to power off the system all the way down and cold boot it. That normally fixes the RAM issues.

SignalRGB from Whirlwind (never heard of them before) claims to be able to control all platforms RGB, but I haven't seen anymore personally attest that it actually can do what it claims. I agree with Dan, RGB is a nightmare.

SignalRGB from Whirlwind (never heard of them before) claims to be able to control all platforms RGB, but I haven't seen anymore personally attest that it actually can do what it claims. I agree with Dan, RGB is a nightmare.
It's mostly a software issue as the bulk of the IC's that drive it are all the same. Everyone tries to control their own ecosystem and get you to buy into all the same crap. These companies are all going for that "lifestyle brand" bullshit. They want you to use all the same shit in the name of convenience but its about profit. It always is.

thanks for the replies, I have it somewhat fixed now, it’s seeing the ram but not motherboard, it’s ok, not spending anymore hours trying to sort it

Try enabling SPD Write in the bios it may be disabled which sometimes causes weird issues like that.

Back