ASUS M5A97 win 10 compatibility

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
Hey guys, its been a while for me but I need your help. I am trying to install the Ai Suite to over clock the cpu in my back up rig below, since I updated to win 10. The Asus website does not have anything to download.
Do any of you know if I can use another version of this so I can oc the cpu?

Asus seems to have not bothered with W10 drivers/utilities for their older motherboards. I suspect you're hosed.

I've run into this with my Sandybridge sig rig.

Well that sucks. This mobo has been one of the best I have ever owned! Got any recommendations for an oc program I could use?

well I tried that and the most I can get it to do is about 4ghz. When I was able to use the AI suite it got it to 4.5ghz! :(

Should be no difference other then onc does it automagically for you. As long as you apply the same setting that the AI suite used you should be fine, unless it was tweaking something you can't replicate by hand.

Have you tried installing the Win7 version? What about a version of it for a newer (but similar) board like the M5A97 R2.0?: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite2_Vista-XPWin7-8-81-10_M5A97-R20_V20401.zip

Edit - I will add, I own this board and was really surprised how quickly support was dropped for it.

M5A97 1.0:
Time from initial BIOS release to most recent (2012/10/31): ~1 year 4 month

M5A97 2.0:
Time from initial BIOS release to most recent (2015/07/24): ~3 year 1 month

Last edited:
Back