asus m4a79 dlx temp question

wesleys_dad

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought an asus m4a79 dlx to get ready for my quad experience..this is probubly my first experience with a newly released board...
I notised that the bios even had voltage settings that were less than stk voltage...
if i set my voltage to 1.32v in bios cpuz reports the voltage as 1.32v but if i go back into bios and go to hardware monitor it shows all voltages correctly except vcore..it shows it at 1.45v...
now if i set it to auto and let it boot once to apply the settings and have cool n quiet going it shows in hardware monitor 1.32v...I do notice my temps are a little higher than with my abit ax78 using core temp but asus from my experience has had a habit of over volting slightly for stability...
I know cpuz is working correctly because i can see when c n q is enabled the voltage varies srom 1.1v to like 1.32v..
there are only a couple of bioses out right now due to the board being so new and im running 0801 and its dated something around 1/15/09 so its current....
ive tryed hardware monitor and core temp and the stupid asus probe and hardware monitor reports the temp as around 33c at idle and core temp shows 37-38c at idle with spikes up to 50-50c depending on what im doing..ive never has spikes up that high running this cpu on 3 different boards[5000 x2 be]...
id like to hear from others running this board if there hardware monitor shows higher voltage on the cpu than what you have dialed into vcore in bios...
im cooling this cpu with a ac freezer 64 and this cpu has run 3100 on stock volts now for over a year on 3 different boards...it will run 3300 on 1.36v but i do like nice cool temps...
I like o/clocking as high as i can get on stock volts or just a slight bump or two...
any input would be great on this issue....

this is the problem i have with my asus m2n-sli dlx board.. bios is set to 1.4v asus probe shows 1.4v but cpu-z shows 1.27v which is way to friggin low for my x2 6400+.. bios show the same thing.. ive never been able to figure out which is wrong..

lateset bios fixes it..tryed the 2 on the asus tw site and all is good now....temps read 34-35c idle and 48c on load. thats comparable to the other 3 boards ive run this cpu on with a 500mhz o/clock....trying to save up enough cash for a quad...its tough out here right now with only one of us working and 2 kids to take care of...sure wish this economy would crank up as this is cutting into my computer hardware purchases......comes down to feed the kids or new cpu ...cpu has to wait.......

Back