ASUS M3A32 MVP Deluxe Bios 0801

Pepsiennis

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if anyone using the ASUS M3A32 MVP Deluxe has tried the new 0801 Bios, and whether it offers any performance or feature improvements?

All I can say is that it works. I am still having trouble overclocking

workingnow.jpg

Thanks ChristO! I was just wondering how this board compared to the Gigabyte. My hope was that the [H] reviews would answer that, but since the Asus was tested with an Athlon64 X2, there was no help there. Is the Bios stable in usual/stock configuration?

P.S. 8 Gigs of RAM? Wow! Good luck OC'ing with that. :)

The system is stable up to 2.4 then it just gives me BSOD's, I really like the mobo and know that a few more bios updates and it will be great!

I have gotten this ram up to almost 950mhz at 1.85v I am gonna try messing around with it more once the weekend comes around.

I doubt performance has gone up enough to notice,but I will try it tonight at a friends.

Thanks Manny, I look forward to your observations! I was just wondering if this board offers anything over my Gigabyte. ;) When my Striker Extreme died last year and Asus handled it so poorly, I declared a moratorium on buying their stuff, but it's been a year and several motherboards later, I guess it is time to take another look.

Ok,my buddy was going to use the MSI 790FX mobo,but ended up going with the Asus
instead as I suggested he do.As to the build,it was fraught with problems,and took hours to do,so I didnt get much if nay time to oc the setup.

I am going over again tommorow to work on it,as he wants me to try overclocking the BE above 2.4Ghz.Right now its sitting exactly where I left it @ 2.4Ghz.

Mind you for gaming and day to day,with the odd encode thats still very fast.I didnt dare try flashing the bios that night to the one discussed here,as I did not want to tempt fate to be honest. :eek: This weekend,I think the stars may be aligned just right,so I will make another attempt at overclocking,and updating the bios on his mobo. :) I will likely run
Sandra to see if at least there are any speed increases there.

He went from a Dell P4 1.8 Willy with 512Mb rdram,an old 5400rpm 40Gb pata hd,with a 5600 'Ultra' (I sold him) with 256 Megs of ram,and a SB Live to his current setup,so he's as happy as a pig in shit. :D Now he's got a 8800GT 512 + SB X-Fi Fatality + 2x1Gb
Corsair pc6400,and a 500Gb WD sata2 drive,all attached to a Asus M3A Deluxe Wifi.

You know he's happy as hell! I'm looking forward to hearing about the Bios. Thanks Manny!

Back