• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus M3A DDR2 1066 Help

tharpb35

n00b
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
7
I have an Asus M3A motherboard with a Phenom 9600 BE processor. My memory is Kingston PC8500 at 1066 (Model KHX8500D2K2/2GR). However, no matter what setting I put in the BIOS, it stays at 800 MHz rahter than 1066. I can up the voltage to 2.2v or 2.25v and everything is normal. However, once I manually change the memory to 1066 with the voltage at 2.2v the post freezes. Can anyone tell me if the Ram i have is crap or the proper settings I need in the BIOS so that the post doesn't freeze.

Asus M3A w/ BIOS 0601
AMD Phenom 9600 BE
2x1 GB Kingston DDR2 1066
2x Seagate Barracuda 160GB Raid 0
HIS Radeon HD3870 Turbo
X-Fi Fatality
Rosewill 950 watt PSU
 
As wonderful as they are, asus boards (in my expericance) can be very picky about RAM. For example I just cant use OCZ in my m2n32 sli delux. Kingston was ok until I went to the 9600 be. Then I had to pull out the 2 sticks of kingston (4 sticks of crucial balistic work just fine though)
 
Back
Top