Asus K8V SE DELUXE SATA INSTALL

i just got the asus k8v motherboard w/ my amd promotion. i did have a a7n8x-e w/ a 80gig WD sata drive. i tried using the same floppy to install the sata drive on the new motherboard but for some reason the hard drive is not listed. its the same hdd from the a7n8x-e. which drivers do i have to dl and put on the floppy. i need help.

im not sure what you are trying to do, are you trying to install windows on that hd? or are you just adding it in to your current setup?

if you are trying to install windows on it;
-put the k8v cd in another pc, and find the makeboot exe file to create the floppy with the sata drivers on it, and when windows install prompts you to hit f6, do so and select the right drivers;

if you are trying to add another hd, make sure the serial ata is enabled in the bios, then it should see it

gl

im trying to install windows. i couldnt find the makeboot.exe. what files do i put in there(floppy)? there are a lot of files that are over a floppy.

Haha, now I don't feel so stupid. You sound like you are going through the same problem as I did with this board. There are two versions of SATA on the board, look at the board layout, if you plugged your SATA into the connectors closer to the VIA VT8237, then you use the VIA SATA RAID drivers when installing windows. If you aren't, then you are going to use the promise RAID drivers. I have one drive, and Windows install still would not see them until I put the VIA RAID drivers on the disk, when I kept using the Promise. Both, Makedisk.exe's will be on the installation CD. Good luck.

Back