Asus K7m

Lord_Balance

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
198
I have an ASUStek K7M motherboard with an Athlon 550 slot A proc and I cannot get windows to show that the PRIMARY VIA IDE controller is working correctly and it keeps going into MSDOS compat mode. I have even gone so far as to FDISK and reinstall all the latest drivers with windows and it is still showing the same BS. Does anyone have any ideas short of getting a new mobo and proc for this box? I really would like to get it running as it is :D

-/LB/-
 
Is the drive recognized in the BIOS?
Have you cleared the BIOS or ReFlashed it?
Have you tried a different cable?
Have you tried setting the drives on that channel to Cable Select?

when you say it isnt "working correctly" what specifically does that mean?

have you tried that drive(s)\cable on the other channel?
did they check out?

have you reviewed the jumper, if its a single HDD is it set to master or master witout slave present? (single)
 
Back
Top