• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus hidden cable alliance

I'm looking to build a new system - or at least swap out a few parts in my current - Has anyone seen a consumer board (am5) with this power connector?

Not that I plan to drop my 7900xtx - I am rather happy with it, more in terms of future proofing.
 
Which one of you is going to stick their tongue on the slot first, just pretend it's a 9V battery, same result I'm sure. :p
 
As long as the power socket is robust enough to handle several insertions then I like the idea, just makes powering the cards simple.
 
Seems easier to just move the 8 pin connectors down to the bottom of the GPU. Almost all of them are longer than a motherboard is wide, so it hangs over and it has a gap because of motherboard height and stand offs just hide the connector there and be done with it.
Just about every case would work with a small mod to drill a hole there in line with the edge of the motherboard to route the cable through.
 
Back
Top