ASUS & [H]ardOCP Haswell Z87 ROG Motherboard Giveaway! Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve made some significant upgrades to UEFI across the board [pun intended]. Which new feature is most exciting to you?

What I am most excited about in the Asus UEFI is being able to change just a few settings and have my CPU clock higher then it could on any other motherboard. With all of the advancements in the UEFI all you need to do is tweak the CPU voltage and let the motherboard do all the work for you. To have such a highly tuned UEFI system on your motherboard just makes life so much easier!

After checking out the video on the Asus site I love it all.
It looks really easy to use with a mouse and being able to make notes and view the last modified log is an interesting but overlooked feature.

The new UEFI bios has so many awesome features its tough to pick just one. I really like the Easy and Advanced modes. It gives you a wealth of information up front in EZ mode and the ability to tweak your [H]eart out in advanced mode.

Having the overclock features right there, and the RAMDISK -- heh, brings back memories of the DOS days...

new UEFI makes even a newbie just getting into overclocking feel at home with the automatic overclocking feature. The easy navigation is just fantastic. :D

I like the fact that it says "Repulic of Gamers" across the top.... cause thats all you need to know to ensure you have a good system. =)

I cant pick just one I love everything about the new UEFI as I just built my new system this weekend with the Hero board, that extreme board would be lovely upgrade though =)
My previous system was a rampage III formula and it didn't have UEFI.

Here is my build and thanks to Asus for making great products
nsgx.jpg

This may come as a surprise to many, but the most exciting feature that I found of the UEFI Bios was the quick note option. I can certainly say that there have many times where I used to tweak my system with my previous Maximus V Formula, but could easily forget certain and previous stable values that I had kept.

Although I know that separate profiles can be made to save different profile configurations, but quick note would just make it more easier to note down important things as it would be in your own words.

Umm... do I really have to choose? There's too many! Just the ease of use is probably top of the list, but RAMdisk and some of the ease-of-access features are pretty stellar.

I love the quick note. I just had an adventurous OC go unstable on me and when I went to reload a more conservative OC I could not remember what I had done on each of the profiles (all 6 generically labeled with speed due to naming size constraints and 4 which had the same clock speed but universally different settings). I had specific settings I was looking for and I had to dig thru each one to make sure I had the correct profile - something as simple as quick note would have saved me a good deal of time.

Also the board I bought with my 4770k has been nothing but a headache. Asus has never failed me, but saving a few dimes did this time.

SSD Secure erase, combined with a list of features that are actually "features" and REALLY nice is what makes me want one of these. And the BIOS environment -- alright now, time to stop kissing up. (But seriously, these are looking ridiculously nice at this point!)

Cheers,

I am all about the favorites. I can just run one for a couple of days, tweak, compare and just fiddle with the settings to my heart's delight.

I love the Quick Note feature. I actually have a notepad at my desk that I scribble down notes on different overclocking profiles and how they worked. Having that right in the BIOS is perfect.

I love the ability to customize the Shortcuts and having the fan control on the EZ Mode. I build computers for friends and most aren't overclockers so it's nice to be able to hit the silent fan profile with just 2 clicks in the opening BIOS page.

I think my favorite is the Last Modified. I'm constantly tweaking and tinkering in the BIOS trying to squeeze out any extra Mhz I can and sometimes it's a couple different things I'll tweak just a little. After a BSOD, it's awesome to be able to go back and see what I might be changed because I can never remember the exact value it had before. Very welcome feature!

The ability to use the mouse as smoothly in the BIOS as I can in Windows is just superb.

I like the fact that the UEFI is GUI and not just text. Well that and the fact that the layout is just plain smart.

I like the my favorites tab and shortcuts menu. These would make it quicker and easier to navigate the UEFI bios when overclocking ... and make me feel like less of a robot with the typical select this option, then that option, etc, just to change one setting.

I like the changes made to the EZ Mode allowing for RAM profiles to be quickly applied along with the other information that is quickly provided.

Never owned an ROG board, but It would be a dream to get my hands on one. Cannot beat a red color scheme!

secure erase is pretty cool. upgrading from a older system, the entire gui based bios looks awesome.

I think i need some hands on experience with the board... but i think i like the mouse support... yeah thats how old my rig is never seen mouse support in bios. Took a look at the video of the UEFI and kiss(keep it simple stupid) comes to mind and i like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back