Asus GTX 970 Strix

Question for owners, do you notice any sag/flex on the card when installed?
Yes. Even though the card itself is pretty lightweight it is not well balanced due to the placement of the heatpipes, so there is some droop near the front of the card. It isn't putting any stress on the PCI-E slot, though, and the PCB is supported by the backplate. Due to the overall lightweight of the card I don't think it will be an issue over the long term. It is kind of disconcerting, though, because my reference 780s weighed 3 times as much but sat perfectly straight when mounted...
 
I notice just a little sag on my top card but not on my bottom one.. I am thinking maybe due to the pci slot holes not lining up with the mobo slots perfectly . . . possibly.
 
So I was reading this thread at the NVIDIA forums. It seems many recent releases are missing proper SLI support (I don't want to be changing settings with NV Inspector and the like). Is NVIDIA falling behind in SLI support? Shadow of Mordor and Alien isolation are not supported yet. Is this common?
 
So I was reading this thread at the NVIDIA forums. It seems many recent releases are missing proper SLI support (I don't want to be changing settings with NV Inspector and the like). Is NVIDIA falling behind in SLI support? Shadow of Mordor and Alien isolation are not supported yet. Is this common?
No, it's not common. I've only noticed this trend since August, and my suspicion is that NVIDIA's current priority is to fix issues with Maxwell. Coming from QA myself, this is perfectly reasonable. If you don't want to mess with NVInspector, adding the game to the driver control panel and forcing an AFR mode works just as well, and sometimes even better. I always laugh when the suggestion is to use an SLI bit that was used on a developer's previous game, even if the new game in question uses a completely different engine...

I'm confident that NVIDIA will get back to form once Maxwell issues have been addressed. In the meantime, you can use GeForce Experience to automatically download updated driver and SLI profiles as they become available (unfortunately there is no log to let you know what has been updated).

It is certainly not as bad as CrossfireX support from AMD...
 
Ok that's good to know. I just learned of the Force AFR setting. Seems like "2" is the one everyone uses. Thanks!
 
Back
Top