ASUS GTX 660Ti [all flavors] BIOS upgrade 9/6/12

http://rog.asus.com/158612012/graph...gtx-660-ti-bios-drop-inbound-for-performance/

Promises a few percentage points of 3dmark performance. I'm tempted to try the TOP BIOS on my Standard card to get a higher base clock.. I can manually reach the TOPs speed no problem but would love to get rid of the hideous ASUS o/c tool.

Anyone with experience flashing TOP bios on Standard cards? I have a PCI card in case I need a disaster recovery.

What the heck are they changing that allows a +8% performance gain?

I'm guessing they increased the boost clock or modified the clock table so it stays in the higher boost levels more often.

Regarding flashing the TOP bios to a Standard card:
The TOP bios update didn't stop me, just asked for confirmation to override the detection of the device ID and flash anyway. Didn't have to hack anything.
Works like a charm, did some 3dmark11 and furmark. The advantage of the TOP bios is that the base clock is ~140MHz over Standard.

Anyway, not advertising everyone to do this, but I can say that on my card it works well.

EDIT: Turns out that with the TOP bios, I'm able to o/c the memory better. I couldn't get past 6900MHz without issues in the past (stock BIOS). With the TOP BIOS I can clock the memory up to 7300MHz without any issues. Nothing major, interesting data point nonetheless.

Last edited:
When you flashed your BIOS using the "TOP" version onto your standard 660TI do you notice that your throttling and undervolting starts at a different temp then the original BIOS?

Back