ASUS G73JW vs. ASUS G73JH

logan1

Gawd
Hey Guys,

Well unfortunately my primary laptop a Dell M90 died after 4 years of loyal service. Now i need another laptop that will fill it shoes. After looking around at the local best buy it would appear that the Asus G series will be a good fit for me. I do a lot of CAD work on my laptop and like to play FPS games.

I am sure that both the JH and the JW model will handle my CAD requirements without much trouble. So I need you opinion on which model is better for gaming?

Also are there any other manf. offering similar mobile computing power at the same price point as Asus?

Thanx

Last edited:
JW is the current offering. JH is slightly older, and there have been a few design changes. There is some debate on the GTX460M not being as good as the ATI offering, but I have only seen benchmarks, and not real life FPS comparisons.

The trackpad now has two buttons instead of a one button rocker.

Since I've read a few sites that talk about problems from the JH, I'd probably opt for the newer one, as it's got better odds of having minor things fixed.

If you're looking for a good machine besides the Asus, check out Sager. the np8670 would be a solid competitor to the G73. Sager also has a better reputation for cooling, and build quality.

I just ordered the G53 (15.6" version of the G73) from Xoticpc.com I didn't want to lug the large size around, and I opted more for style since internals would have been the same.

good luck

-Jeff

Back