ASUS finally posted their nForce 590 board.

That's the board I'd love to get my hands on. Though truthfully I'd rather have something based on the i975x chipset, too bad it doesn't support SLI.

Hrm, wonder if they are going to do one of the "republic of gamers" boards like they did for AM2

Now thats a hot motherboard! Hopefully we can see some reviews soon and see if nV has a hit or a dud.

Donar said:
Hrm, wonder if they are going to do one of the "republic of gamers" boards like they did for AM2

This board already seems to have alot of the BIOS features of the RoG AM2 board. It just doesn't have the flashy lights and lcd screen.

Looks nice. I'm almost scared to know what they will charge for it when it finally get's released.

I was wondering about the "Republic of Gamers" thing as well. The Crosshair is a very interesting board. If I had the slightest interest in AMD that would probably be a board I'd be very interested in. I do hope they do something like that for Intel.

If you are indeed right about the bios options, then this will end up being my board.

another bad layout from asus

why the hell are there 3 pci-e 16x?

only 2 pci? two useless pci, that you can't use once you go SLI

stupid asus

tikicult said:
Now thats a hot motherboard! Hopefully we can see some reviews soon and see if nV has a hit or a dud.
This board already seems to have alot of the BIOS features of the RoG AM2 board. It just doesn't have the flashy lights and lcd screen.

You know, Asus seems to be going a tad nuts with the lights and stuff.
It's like having an ambulance inside your case without the siren. Now if only they'd put a siren on the motherboard! heh
:D

nekrosoft13 said:

stupid asus

Actually, the black and blue are x16 and the middle (yellow) one is x8 (For a Physics card maybe?)

2 x PCI Express x16 slot, support NVIDIA® SLI™ technology, at full x16, x16 speed(blue and black)
1 x PCI Express x16, at x8 speed(middle)

It's not the worst layout I've ever seen. That would have to be the AB9 Pro or Epox (I love their boards) with the idiotic power connectors.

Son of a bitch ....

Another heatpiped board, i use an iATX case and cant use these things due the manufacturers unwillingness to use wicked heatpipes.

The wickless heatpipes they use actually cause more harm than good upsidedown.

Maybe DFI will choose more wisely :(

nekrosoft13 said:

stupid asus

whats the point of the 3rd pcie slot, 6 card sli....?

not a big fan of the layout as my water block blocks the pci slot directly below it on the

nekrosoft13 said:
latelly all asus boards, have the dumbest layouts.

WTF is going on at asus
All? Of course because you know more than the engineers! :rolleyes:

Epox and Abit are even worse if you ask me.

nekrosoft13 said:
latelly all asus boards, have the dumbest layouts.

WTF is going on at asus

Not at all. I have reviewed many ASUS boards for the [H]. I've probably worked with more ASUS boards than anything else. I have never seen an ASUS board with a layout that was so bad I just had to say "WTF??!?!". Though most of the boards have one thing that I didn't like about the layout, such as the clear RTC jumper locations, but they never had anything wrong with the layout I just couldn't live with.

_Korruption_ said:
All? Of course because you know more than the engineers! :rolleyes:

Epox and Abit are even worse if you ask me.

The MF570SLI had a nearly perfect layout if you ask me.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTExNywsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

The Abit boards are usually ok, but they do tend to put the floppy cable in bad spots and they do a few other things that are mildly irritating, but nothing greviously unforgivable.

i have a feeling its fake

look at it again something just isnt right about it
and how come its still not on the global asus site

Sem said:
i have a feeling its fake

look at it again something just isnt right about it
and how come its still not on the global asus site

Why would asus post fake things on their site? They do have a professional marketing department that i'm sure isn't made up of a bunch of pranksters = P

some could have copied the site

im not too comfortable with the zeus.asus.com

but nm probably real

just me be paranoid

ASUS has gone to heatpipe cooling for a reason. The chipset fans are becoming obsolete. Something better is needed. ASUS and some others are going to heatpipes. Others will follow. Unless something better and reasobaly cheap comes along dont expect anything different.Just the way it is.It'll be up to the case manufacturers like Lian Li to adapt to the change I'm thinking. I wonder if this is just work in progress type mobo or a finished product type mobo?

Well I'll take that layout. Just have to keep an eye out on when to order one. On a x6800 this should be just fine. And there is enough space to tuck in a pci based Xifi until Creative can get off their xxxxx and make a pci-e card.

:)

Nice job Asus.

Anemone said:
Well I'll take that layout. Just have to keep an eye out on when to order one. On a x6800 this should be just fine. And there is enough space to tuck in a pci based Xifi until Creative can get off their xxxxx and make a pci-e card.

:)

Nice job Asus.

SupremeFX looks pretty sweet (for those of us w/o out the fancy Creative cards). We'll have to wait and see though.

Supreme audio entertainment with realistic sound The unique audio solution is designed as a stand alone module which induces the better audio input & output quality. With 24bit/192kHz full sampling in all 7.1 surround channel, no more sorry for your picky ear. Bundle with the Array Mic, no more noise or buzz bother your conversation. Just enjoy the supreme audio entertainment

Skott said:
ASUS has gone to heatpipe cooling for a reason. The chipset fans are becoming obsolete. Something better is needed. ASUS and some others are going to heatpipes. Others will follow. Unless something better and reasobaly cheap comes along dont expect anything different.Just the way it is.It'll be up to the case manufacturers like Lian Li to adapt to the change I'm thinking. I wonder if this is just work in progress type mobo or a finished product type mobo?

The heatpipe problem is a myth, i have been using heatpip boards with my lian li for well over a year without issue.

I just spoke to a buddy on the "island" and he effforting finding me one or two of these boards. I told him i wanted to be the first in the US to have one. He said he will see what he can do on Monday. With any luck i will be dropping a E6600 into one by Wed. :cool:

Hopefully in the next 10 days we will have it on the shelves, yipee

I don't like your midget pr0n

<crosses kuyaglen's midget pr0n off of list>

[F]old|[H]ard

How much performance difference can I expect from the 570 to the 590? If I'm not running 7950's in SLI will I see any performance difference. Because the $130 p5n is looking mighty fine.

Sem said:
some could have copied the site

im not too comfortable with the zeus.asus.com

but nm probably real

just me be paranoid
The domain is asus.com
The subdomain is zeus.asus.com
Don't be scared.

I like the layout far better than the P5WDH. Side mounted SATA, thank goodness someone finally got the clue on that one (well DFI already had the clue - fine).

I like the heatpipes because it's easier for me to get some cooling on those fins at the edge of the board than in the middle.

4 pin eps power tells me that maybe they are beginning to get the power under control. On a guess, I'd say it runs a tiny bit (but probably not much since its the same memory controller) cooler than the NF4.

6 SATA. I can fill 5 of these off the bat, 150 and 74 Raptor, 250 storage, and 750 backups, plus the SATA DVD. The P5WDH was not ready to handle it, and when using the Sil chips for extra SATA, you are often tying up the pci bus. I like having 6 right into the chipset directly, with somewhat better performance as well.

I wish a tiny bit that they had gone with the gold colored mem slots and made this more of a color copy of the P5WDH, but, honestly that's small potatoes.

I can fit 3 Video cards here (I think, haven't confirmed that yet). Why is that nice? Because if you want both SLI and a 2nd monitor you have options. If you want to use an old vidcard for PPU unit, that's an option too. Or I can just keep the system clean and have plenty of cooling space for large coolers on 2 video cards.

I also have 2 slot cooling room, and can still stick the Xifi in the pci slot that will keep it from blocking the cooler. That's what that pci slot between the yellow and the black 16x slots is perfect for. That makes using the yellow slot as a 2 slot cooler impossible, but I'll cross that bridge if that happens.

Meanwhile there is that pci x1 slot beyond the first 16x slot that will be just perfect should there ever be a pci-e sound solution.

Copper cooling is nicer to the eye, and probably a slightly better cooling than the NF4's aluminum. That also is small potatoes, but nice nonetheless.

I have a fan header for a fan over memory (nice!)

2 more fan headers near the SATA, bonus!

Yet another up near the 16x slot in case I need to get something fancy cooling the gpu's.

In case it's not clear, yep I like this board. Taking one as soon as they can be ordered. In terms of sheer design I think they have outdone just about every other layout out there, save possible the DFI 590 board (though I still like this better the DFI is damn good).

Bios restore 3 so I can save bios profiles that work and classify them as I'm tweaking.
And a PATA port just in case :)

I like this board a ton. In practical use it's a hit, as long as the NF5 holds up steady ;)

Dan_D said:
That's the board I'd love to get my hands on. Though truthfully I'd rather have something based on the i975x chipset, too bad it doesn't support SLI.

All you need is modified drivers to enable SLI. If the board supports Crossfire it will support SLI.

I agree with the poster that mentioned the useage of heatpipes on all these boards. They just don't work well in inverted cases like the Lian-Li V series.

Well if you mount your motherboard upside down, can't you just remove the heatpipes and put on an active HSF like most motherboards?

Back