Asus fan control - random speed variations

Chapeau

Gawd
I've been using Q-fan control for a while now, and it's passable but not exactly reliable.

Primarily, I like being able to quickly set and test new curves or to quickly ramp up my pump speed to bleed the system.

But my main beef is that Q-fan seems to randomly spike fan speeds with no apparent cause. Does anyone have any insight into this?

- I also have speedfan installed but not running. If all else fails I'll switch over but the convenience of Q-fan is quite nice.

what motherboard are you using? have you tried Asus Fan Xpert or ThermalRadar (TUF series)?

what motherboard are you using? have you tried Asus Fan Xpert or ThermalRadar (TUF series)?

I'm using an Z170i Pro Gaming - Fan expert is more or less the same for me.
(I assumed this was kind of a clone of Q-fan?)

I haven't heard of Thermal Radar - Is it part of the Ai Suite?

Fan Xpert/+/2 are just to be said like newer revisions of the old Q-Fan, Q-Fan it's also an Asus Software For the BIOS from the P55 Chipset Era. it was updated to be used on the Go via windows, and then named as Fan Xpert. so yes that's why you see as somewhat the same. Thermal Radar is the name used on the AI SUITE for TUF Motherboard series.. in your installed AI SUITE 3 package, in the main menu should appear Fan Xpert 2+ if you have the latest Ai SUITE (V10416)

Actually im using Thermal Radar as I was full used to it since my Sabertooth Z77 board and had couple of issues with Vanilla Windows 10 that was then fixed with windows10 anniversary update.

For Fan Xpert, you will want to run the tuning function so it can figure out what voltages are required for what speeds.

After that it should work really well.

Interesting tip..... I might give that a try. (y)

I haven't tried the tuning function for a while.

So I ran tuning and one of my fans stuck to max rpm.

But conveniently on fan expert, the fan curve graph greyed out completely. I opened up the case and one of the fan pins had popped out of the connector.

The ramping was poor contact I guess...

Thanks for the help guys..

Back