ASUS EeePC Top Touch Screen In Action

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
The folks at EeePCNews have posted a video of a pre-production touch screen equipped ASUS EeePC. While touch-screens might not be practical on your everyday PC, this all-in-one computer is a perfect candidate for a touch screen interface, don't you think?
 
He needs to show much more than selecting tabs and items IMO.

I'm hearing impaired, so I didn't quite understand the narration. Was there a mention of multitouch capability?

I think this would be great for netbooks. You could get rid of those tiny touchpad to make room for a larger keyboard and just use the touchscreen instead.
 
nice idea, but looks WAY impractical. I think the mouse/keyboard is going to be here for a long time.
 
I watch the whole thing in German..before i realized there was one in English....good thing I can understand German. There is a lot more info in the German version. Kinda odd that they are using XP. I imagine the final version is going to have Vista. Defiantly an interesting concept.
 
Still some way to go with the software, it seems...
It does look very neat.
 
Seems snappy, for the things that work. Really needs to abandon the XP though. Vista's built in tablet functions would be really appreciated here.
 
So I guess it being pre-production, the final product is not going to be a tablet or is it? I haven't used a touch screen very often, was just wondering how useful they are on a mobile unit like this. On a side note, the guy doing the vid has got to stop picking his ear.
 
IF you check out Engadget, it seems that the next Classmate will be a tablet design and have full netbook specs.
The only drawbacks are 8.9" screen and unknown battery size/life (plus a BIG handle, probably easily removable with a screwdriver

Big plus under $500, and January? release
 
I rember seeing a forum post somewhere of this done as a mod (as well as moding a gps reciever into the case)
 
If the screen works ok in sunlight, this might be the perfect start for an in-car pc!
 
I rember seeing a forum post somewhere of this done as a mod (as well as moding a gps reciever into the case)

It's meant to be the easiest mod to do for these systems, the EEE also have a lot of room to shove thing (gps-bluetooth)

This is the company seeing what is happening and doing it themselves

...the next classmate btwy will probably have the same battery as the lates which is a 4 or 6cell

Has anyone tried to read a CBR on anything on an 8.9" when held lengthwise?
 
Back
Top