ASUS EeePC 900A - Cant seem to install Ubuntu

Rikki

2[H]4U
Hi folks.

Im not a Linux guy but know my way around most PCs so a friend asked me to look at his daughters netbook after it stopped working.

It was showing a Boot Error after POST so I tried to install Ubuntu from a USB drive as Ive done loads of times before but got this - tried 12.10 and 12.04 LTS :

V56h0.jpg

I then tried DBAN on it and got similar results :

xVNH3.jpg

Ive checked the BIOS and its not got any "lock" settings so not sure if its indeed a knackered drive or not.

Any advice?

Many thanks

R.

Nope, its got a 4GB SSD so was a bit wary of that but will give it a go :)

Do you have multiple partitions on the drive? IIRC I had at least one case where I had to drop all partitions and repartition before Ubuntu install accepted the drive.

Do you have multiple partitions on the drive? IIRC I had at least one case where I had to drop all partitions and repartition before Ubuntu install accepted the drive.

This.

Boot the live CD and open a root terminal and run fdisk on it. From there, you should be able to remove all the partitions and just make one partition.

When you install, make sure to assign the other SSD as home. The internal SSD is not large enough to hold everything.

Back