• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ASUS EAX800XL Fan Issue

BobSutan

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 5, 2000
Messages
12,226
Does anyone else have any thoughts as to why the fan doesn't spin on my ASUS EAX800XL? Yeah, its that basic. I don't know if its got some sort of throttling tech going on or what. It just sits there, however, the blue LED is on so I know its getting power. For the life of me I cannot get it to spin up and its affecting my ability to get anything done since it keep locking up (due to heat).

For reference I installed all the drivers, apps, etc that came with the card and tried tinkering around in the settings. So far I haven't seen anything that looks like an "On button" in the software.
 
Checked ASUS forums which are utterly worthless.

Fan still not running, and the SmartDoctor app that came with the card shows it a 0 RPM, even with the manual setting at max speed. GPU core now at 66 degrees C.

Help still needed.
 
you probably should have some sorta 'extra' cooling blowing on it until you figure it out shouldn't you? Wouldn't want to hurt the card.

QJ
 
No fans available. I just shut it down when not using it (but I watch the temp like a hawk).
 
If the fan isn't spinning, it's broken. Either get an RMA or buy yourself a Zalman cooler.
 
Any particular difference between the CU and ALCU versions besides the coloring (perhaps metals--i.e. Copper vs Aluminum)? Speaking of metals, I didn't do too well in my 9th grade science class. Which one transfers heat better?
 
Heh this is actually more a topic in heat transfer (Mech E's soph/jr. level weeder course). I believe it was copper that transfered heat better, but aluminum that got rid of it faster (in terms of cooling off). However, the Cu version should be better in this case b/c a fan is blowing on it nonetheless.

If I'm talking nonsense, someone please correct me.
 
Doesn't matter. I figured what the hell and got the CU version anyway.

Also picked up the Asus 802.11g USB2.0 adapter since I can't use the Netgear PCI one that I got for my SN25P.

Grrr.....I should have researched this system better before jumping in like this. Perhaps then I wouldn't have gotten a DOA 74GB 10K RPM Raptor, a PCI-based wireless NIC I can't use, and a defective video card all in one go.
 
Back
Top