• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ASUS EAH5870 Deactivated at Newegg?

Torgo434

n00b
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
29
So .. I was looking around for the ASUS EAH5870, and Found it's deactivated at newegg. Anyone know why?
 
Most likely supply issues. The same thing happened to the XFX cards.
 
I spoke with NewEgg... items are "Deactivated" when:
1. Something is discontinued or no longer availible
2. Re-supply dates unclear
3. Future availibility may not be possible

In the mean time (since I have been waiting way too f#$king long for those cards), I got a
BFG GTX295 OCFU :D
 
I spoke with NewEgg... items are "Deactivated" when:
1. Something is discontinued or no longer availible
2. Re-supply dates unclear
3. Future availibility may not be possible

In the mean time (since I have been waiting way too f#$king long for those cards), I got a
BFG GTX295 OCFU :D

The last two times they went in-stock and orderable last week, it was for a confirmed shipment they were getting in. If something can be ordered from their source or a shipment is expected they list it out of stock with the auto-notify option. If something is "not orderable" via a vendor, they deactivate it - even if temporarily. It seems that supplies are spoken for pretty far out at this point.

I've only had good experience with NewEgg and their handling of in-stock/out-of-stock.
 
Back
Top