• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ASUS EAH4850 Problem

ssg10587

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 3, 2008
Messages
245
Ive talked with you guys before and I have gotten some great help. But the problem is I still have freezes. The game will freeze and ill hear a stuttering sound in my speakers. I tried fixing this by mounting a 120mm on the inside to blow air on the graphics card. I have a fox 2 to suck in hot air and shoot it out the back. And I have the graphics card fan on 90% an this still happens.

Im starting to think my graphics card is broken. If anyone has any clue on this id prefer not to send it back. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: figured this might be useful. It idles at about 40C and under load about 60C

I also have the problem that when im playing eve online and everything is maxed, i see a big red dot flash over and over. Also when im in a station i see parts of the station flashing in spots they arnt supposed to be.
 
Sounds like you need uninstall your graphics drivers, clean up after any previous graphics drivers with Driversweeper, and install the latest Catalyst package, 8.8 I believe.
 
Ive talked with you guys before and I have gotten some great help. But the problem is I still have freezes. The game will freeze and ill hear a stuttering sound in my speakers. I tried fixing this by mounting a 120mm on the inside to blow air on the graphics card. I have a fox 2 to suck in hot air and shoot it out the back. And I have the graphics card fan on 90% an this still happens.

Im starting to think my graphics card is broken. If anyone has any clue on this id prefer not to send it back. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: figured this might be useful. It idles at about 40C and under load about 60C

I also have the problem that when im playing eve online and everything is maxed, i see a big red dot flash over and over. Also when im in a station i see parts of the station flashing in spots they arnt supposed to be.

Well, if you've been through this before and done everything possible to fix it (tried all driver releases, etc), your card may definitely be bad and you should RMA it. Temperatures are certainly not the problem, since 40º at idle and 60º at idle is pretty good,
 
Ive talked with you guys before and I have gotten some great help. But the problem is I still have freezes. The game will freeze and ill hear a stuttering sound in my speakers. I tried fixing this by mounting a 120mm on the inside to blow air on the graphics card. I have a fox 2 to suck in hot air and shoot it out the back. And I have the graphics card fan on 90% an this still happens.

Im starting to think my graphics card is broken. If anyone has any clue on this id prefer not to send it back. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: figured this might be useful. It idles at about 40C and under load about 60C

I also have the problem that when im playing eve online and everything is maxed, i see a big red dot flash over and over. Also when im in a station i see parts of the station flashing in spots they arnt supposed to be.

I'm using this card, and I dont think the problem is the driver or the temp, to be honest, idles at 40C is pretty good, mine idles at 60C, load at 80C, runs good just a little bit noisy.
Finally I turn the heatsink to AC Turbo Twin, now everthing is fine. So I think you should have to RMA it.
 
yea think ill try a clean sweep and if that doesnt work, im rmaing it

think I may have figured out this graphics card problem. Without the 90% fan it idles at 65C which is way hot. That seems to be a problem with overheating then. Is this a valid conclusion?

Ill post pics of my case, im figuring its airflow.
 
Back
Top