• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus EAH4670/DI/1GD3

Simmonz

2[H]4U
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
2,504
I am thinking of buying the Asus 4670 1GB for a spare PC next pay cheque but I can't find any power requirements for it. The PSU in the spare PC is a 500 Watt Seasonic 500 Watt with 33 amps on the +12V rail. it has two six pin connectors and oddly enough one eight pin connector. Does anybody know what the power requirements are for this card ? i checked Asus' site but found nothing.
 
I don't know anything about the power requirements either and if it's not specified in the Asus site, then I don't know what to recommend, except maybe a search in forums for someone that has the same card.

Either way, 1 GB on a card like the HD 4670, is really not worth it. You should be looking at the regular model instead, which should be cheaper too.
 
I don't know anything about the power requirements either and if it's not specified in the Asus site, then I don't know what to recommend, except maybe a search in forums for someone that has the same card.

Either way, 1 GB on a card like the HD 4670, is really not worth it. You should be looking at the regular model instead, which should be cheaper too.
Yeah after checking the 512MB model out I will go for that. The Memory clock is 400 MHz faster than the 1GB model and is $22 cheaper. I will check around for the power requirements. Worst case I will buy a new PSU if I can afford it.
 
The 4670 is pretty good in terms of power consumption.. it doesn't even need external power.
As long as the PSU you have is of good quality, I see no reason as to why it would not work .
 
Back
Top