pinstripes5
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 7, 2008
- Messages
- 15
I had posted a thread in the OS forum a few days ago, but I am leaning towards this being a problem with the graphics card or it's drivers.
My comp will lock up when viewing certain webpages. The mouse freezes, keyboard won't function, hard drive activity stops. I have to press the reset button to get out of the lock up.
I have the most recent drivers for everything installed. Everything in the Catalyst Control Center is at default settings. No overclocking of anything. My monitor (forgot to put in sig) is a Samsung 245BW at 1920 x 1200 60Mhz.
Here is a great examle of what will make it lock up :
If I go to this website www. compendiumdesign. com (I use this site only because it will happen 100% of time) and don't scroll over anything everything is ok, when I scroll over their navbar (made in Flash?) the lock up happens instantly. Just to see if the comp would ever come out of it, I let it sit for over 4 hrs., still locked up.
*So one thing I found today is that if I go to that same site and don't open the webpage up to full screen size (say about a quarter of the screen), I scrolled over the navbar and did the same things as before but no lock up.
I looked at the GPU temp in CCC it's at 55 degrees.
Any ideas what would cause this?
Anyone else with a similar set up have this issue?
My comp will lock up when viewing certain webpages. The mouse freezes, keyboard won't function, hard drive activity stops. I have to press the reset button to get out of the lock up.
I have the most recent drivers for everything installed. Everything in the Catalyst Control Center is at default settings. No overclocking of anything. My monitor (forgot to put in sig) is a Samsung 245BW at 1920 x 1200 60Mhz.
Here is a great examle of what will make it lock up :
If I go to this website www. compendiumdesign. com (I use this site only because it will happen 100% of time) and don't scroll over anything everything is ok, when I scroll over their navbar (made in Flash?) the lock up happens instantly. Just to see if the comp would ever come out of it, I let it sit for over 4 hrs., still locked up.
*So one thing I found today is that if I go to that same site and don't open the webpage up to full screen size (say about a quarter of the screen), I scrolled over the navbar and did the same things as before but no lock up.
I looked at the GPU temp in CCC it's at 55 degrees.
Any ideas what would cause this?
Anyone else with a similar set up have this issue?