Asus DirectCU or MSI Hawk?

Silent Knight

[H]ard|Gawd
So i'm planning on getting the HD6870 since i have a really tight budget.I decided to get the Asus HD6870 DirectCU.But when i re-read its review from [H],i noticed that it has no heatsink for the RAM modules,also the load temp was 86 degrees.This is not good since i'll leave my video card on fullload all the day.My current card is the MSI HD4870 with the Cyclone-ish heatsink (also without RAM heatsink) and on fullload @900MHz,the RAM reached 86 degrees and more.
Then i checked another [H] review of the HD6870 Hawk,it got seperated heatsink for RAM modules and the load temp is only 66 degrees.

So my question is,should i pay another $50 for the Hawk or i'm good to go with the DC?My budget only allows for the DC,but if the Hawk's really worth the extra $50,i'll try to get it though.

if temps are that big of a deal then yeah, go with the hawk.. but as far as ram temps you are fine, they should be rated well over 120C and doubt you will be able to overclock them enough where temps become an issue for them.

RAM temp is a concern for me since i'm pretty scared of mid 80 to 90 degrees on it.I had to underclock the RAM to 450MHz to remain it at 75 degrees,and that sucks.

Maybe i'll try to get the Hawk then,thanks very much.

Back