Asus Crosshair VII price?

Motley

2[H]4U
Last year when I got the CH6 (with the 1700) I paid $199 at MC. Unfortunately I had to sell that system due to financial reasons.

So this year I am building another AMD system, and I am shocked at the CH7's price is $100 more? WTF is it even worth it? Did that add gold sockets to the CPU socket, DRAM slots, etc.

Meanwhile the 2700s are the exact same price as last year.

Can you recommend me the next best board by another company? Yes I overclock, need high end and reliable mobo, but NOT paying $300.

Haven't done too much research on the x470 boards this year, so if anyone has any experience with them to chime in?

Last edited:
Last year when I got the CH6 (with the 1700) I paid $199 at MC. Unfortunately I had to sell that system due to financial reasons.

So this year I am building another AMD system, and I am shocked at the CH7's price is $100 more? WTF is it even worth it? Did that add gold sockets to the CPU socket, DRAM slots, etc.

Meanwhile the 2700s are the exact same price as last year.

This really pisses me off! (like the insane GPU prices) I really liked the CH6 and was looking forward to the CH7, but comon Asus smokin crack. lol

Can you recommend me the next best board by another company? Yes I overclock, need high end and reliable mobo, but NOT paying $300.

Haven't done too much research on the x470 boards this year, so if anyone has any experience with them to chime in?

Pretty sure the CH6 was pretty much $300ish everywhere during its release and several months afterwards you just took advantage of a good deal whenever you bought it at MC. I mean the regular price for it is still $200 (newegg, amazon)

I just looked at my MC receipt from last year. It was $250 for the CH6. I saved $30 from the bundle with the 1700. Still $50 more than last years model.

Asus gear is way overpriced, and they still have issues with quality and customer service. Their GTX 1080 and 1080ti are $100 more than anyone else.

I think its time to give the Gigabyte some love. Just decided on the combo deal at MC for the 2700 & Gigabyte Auros Gaming 5 for total of $409.

Hell might even go with a Gygabyte 1080ti to match.

I paid $250 for my CH7. I think the new boards are built with better quality parts for overclocking etc. But I did not get the bluetooth/wifi edition which does cost $280-300.

I paid $289 on Amazon for mine last Wednesday to build my 2700X system. Yeah...it was a bit more expensive than the Hero VI I used for my 1600X but I'm happy with it.

$289 is not expensive. Not when compared to the $719.76 I'm dropping for Noctua fans this week.

I think its time to give the Gigabyte some love. Just decided on the combo deal at MC for the 2700 & Gigabyte Auros Gaming 5 for total of $409.

So you're saying a mid-range x470 board is cheaper than the top of the line one? You don't say.

Back