Asus Crosshair IV

Would Corsair Dominator GT 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C8 2000MHz Dual Channel Kit ram modules work correctly on a Asus Crosshair IV? :p

product descriptions say:

- Two matched 2GB modules for use in high performance Intel Core i5 and Core i7 Dual Channel systems....

I don't think EliteComputerBuilds has the right promo. The only recent code I could find for an Asus MB is for an Intel X58. That one is currently going for (guess what :)) ... $189.99 with the code.

Would Corsair Dominator GT 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C8 2000MHz Dual Channel Kit ram modules work correctly on a Asus Crosshair IV? :p

- Two matched 2GB modules for use in high performance Intel Core i5 and Core i7 Dual Channel systems....

it should.....from what i know the Asus boards work well with Corsair RAM....just because it says i5/7 doesnt mean its incompatible with anything else(its just memory, and thats a marketing ploy....)

I seriously hope ASUS is working on some sort of Crosshair Gene. AMD needs some strong mATX representation.

I seriously hope ASUS is working on some sort of Crosshair Gene. AMD needs some strong mATX representation.

matx will be the 880G chipset.. theres no reason to do an matx board with the features available to the 890GX/FX boards.. but the 880G should support crossfireX since they were able to do it with the 785G..

the core i5/i7 thing just means it was certified by intel to work with the core i5/i7.. not that those are the only processors it will work with so you will have no problems running them on an AMD system..

Last edited:
Corsair has an AMD version as well. Rev B. that's supposed to work with AOD but AMD never implemented that feature. This is for the regular dominators,

i have a crosshair3 board im running a 965 phenom now,runs at 3.8mhz all day long at average temps 33 - 40 c........

can i drop the Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2 in my ch3 board with no problem?
i was reading newegg reviews on this cpu......
will get ch4 board when i have more bucks,butt am i misssing alot with out the new ch4 board besides usb3 and sata speeds.....thanks guys:confused:

i have a crosshair3 board im running a 965 phenom now,runs at 3.8mhz all day long at average temps 33 - 40 c........

can i drop the Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2 in my ch3 board with no problem?
i was reading newegg reviews on this cpu......
will get ch4 board when i have more bucks,butt am i misssing alot with out the new ch4 board besides usb3 and sata speeds.....thanks guys:confused:

check asus's site for a bios update..

never tried the CH3, but i think the major things are USB 3 and sata 6

maybe all the 1 button over clocking stuff is new? not sure

check asus's site for a bios update..
yes saw the amd site its 6core ready......i just need the next bios update
so looks like im going for the 3.2ghz 6core unit....been reading newegg reviews so far so good lots of guys going from phenom 965 to this now....thanx guys for the help:cool:

Back