Asus CPU Parameter Recall (C.P.R).

panta

Weaksauce
It doesn't work.

Asus P5Q Pro

Anyone else have this problem or know what's wrong? :(

It's a very useful feature as the alternative can be a bit of a hassle the way my tower is positioned.

What is C.P.R. designed to do?

Is the fact that it's not working affecting the overall performance of your board? If so, how?

If you can't get even get to POST after overclocking then CPR will recall the settings so you can boot again without resetting the CMOS.

ahhhh this is why i love the dual bios thing on my Gigabyte board. Mess up the OC settings to where it doesn't post and it just boots from the back up bios and tells you sorry you tried to be toooooo[H]ard please try again.

But for some real help here's what i found

Overall, the long-term impression of the ASUS P5Q PRO is quite favourable. The motherboard ran flawlessly throughout our veritable gauntlet of tests. We never experienced any stability concerns or strange BSODs…although we did cause a few with our over-ambitious overclocking attempts. We did experience an issue when the motherboard attempted to recover from an unsuccessful overclock that refused to POST, it simply sat there idling with the monitor on standy.

As a result, we had always to turn off the power supply for a split second in order to reset to the safe defaults that would allow us back into the BIOS. We are not entirely sure why C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall) is failing to automatically reset the BIOS once we hit the reset button, but it’s an issue that affects a few ASUS motherboards, like the Rampage Formula. This is a minor inconvenience though, and it is the only noteworthy issue that we encountered.
Source of that is here. See everyone canucks can be useful......

Back