Asus Boards That Support 45nm Penryn

My Striker Extreme is listed. :) Though the X38's might be on my "need to have" list.

I bet it's a error not posting your 2 boards. A quick check at their BIOS section should ease your minds. ;)

The P35 chipset has native support for the 45nm processors so not having the P5K Deluxe listed looks like an over sight to me. They are probably still working on the final bios releases for some boards. Penryn support won't be needed for a few months yet.

My P5B Deluxe is listed so I'm good for the next few years. A 45nm Penryn Quad should overclock like a mofo while running cool and quiet.

Hey this is good news for a lot of P965 chip set owners who do not want to spend the money for yet another motherboard. Hopefully other manufactures will follow with bios updates for boards with the p965 chipset. It would be awesome if my Gigabyte DS3 ver 3.3 is 45nm Ready.

Looks like the P5K Deluxe is just labelled under P5K Premium, same with the DDR3 version on that list.

CoW]8(0);1031296163 said:
Goodbye Q6600, hello Penryn!

LOL

/tune/ Waiting is sooooooooooo hard to do! /-tune/

I may have just been cured of my desire for a q6600.

Oh, wait. I could get one, migrate my e6600 to my fileserver, then get a penryn quad and migrate the q6600 to the file server and the e6600 to the dust pile of history. Hmm...

This "hobby" is killing me :)

Such an extensive list.

It suggests that 45nm samples from Intel are freely flowing and the products should be here fairly soon.

Back