Asus board missing clip RMA problem?

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
So, I'm about to send in an Asus motherboard that is missing the video card clip/retainer and the USB3.0 header plastic retainer, would this cause Asus to treat the board as damaged therefore sending it back without repair?

I bought it used from a local guy here and they came without those items. Should I worry?

So, I'm about to send in an Asus motherboard that is missing the video card clip/retainer and the USB3.0 header plastic retainer, would this cause Asus to treat the board as damaged therefore sending it back without repair?

I bought it used from a local guy here and they came without those items. Should I worry?
Knowing their history, I would say yes lol

I just read a Googled post - Both in and out of warranty: Charge

1640307875595.png

Last edited:
Are you sending the board back to specifically get those two items fixed, or is the issue separate from the missing items?

You could send in a perfectly functioning board and Asus would find a reason to deny it. And bend the pins before sending it back to you.

Are you sending the board back to specifically get those two items fixed, or is the issue separate from the missing items?
The board is having a problem getting stuck on VGA LED Diagnostic light and wouldn't go past that. Swapped video cards, memory, PSUs, CPU, nothing fixes it. The problem has nothing with the two missing plastic components. The main VGA port still have the locking clip. It's the 8-bit slot that is missing this locking clip.

Yes, it was updated to the latest BIOS prior to this problem happening.
how long after the BIOS update did it start happening? can you flash it back to the one you had before?

how long after the BIOS update did it start happening? can you flash it back to the one you had before?
Nope, it's stuck in the VGA Diagnostic LED light. It was having powering up issue. It wouldn't keep any setting. Each time it kept saying a new CPU has been installed. Press F2 to enter Setup. Did that. Reboot. Said the same thing. Took out the battery. Let it sit for a day or so. Installed new battery. Repeat. And repeat. Then consequentially, it just started downhill from thereon.

Be sure to take pictures of the socket and anything else you can imagine that they may break, scratch or dent to deny your rma (both sides).
Do you have any old mbs lying around that you can scavenge a clip from?
I truly despise Asus RMA dept., they are by far the most crooked, incompetent bunch you will ever come across.
GL!

I am glad to report that I got my replacement board back and it seems they have replaced it with a different/refurbished or possibly brand new board, though in a white box with only the I/O plate and no other accessories.

Haven't had the time to boot it up yet, so hopefully, it works as it should.

I am glad to report that I got my replacement board back and it seems they have replaced it with a different/refurbished or possibly brand new board, though in a white box with only the I/O plate and no other accessories.

Haven't had the time to boot it up yet, so hopefully, it works as it should.
The fact they sent ANYTHING back is a positive. Good luck!

I have had good luck with Asus rma. If there was any issues that could cause a poss8rma denial I have been upfront about. Even sent pics in before sending back. MSI I did have a issue with before. They told me the board was damaged. They sent pics of the damage. I replied back to send pics of the shipping box. They found it damaged during shipping. Damaged bad enough to damage the well packaged motherboard. They sent me a replacement and filed with usps for damage.

Back