ASUS B250 Mining Expert (Crypto-mining board)

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/B250-MINING-EXPERT/

later.png

Hi guys, Im late for work so I will keep this quick.

I have been planning to buy one of the new ASUS B250 mining expert boards.

My only hang up is some reports of these boards not handling all cards properly, and that some of the boards MUST be the p106 mining type.
these gpus are very expensive and I can get a good deal on a different 1080 gpu.
My question is if anyone has experience with these boards, and are they worth buying, and more importantly, can I fill it up with any cards over time?

As of now, these boards can only be completely filled by using P106 cards in 6 slots - whether or not that will change at some point remains to be seen.

In that case <i wont be buying one. I need something that works when I buy it and start using it. in fact, there no gaurente that it will even work in the future! this boards is still in experiemental beta if you ask me!? By the way, which other boards would you recommend for a high number of GPU's?

P.S. many thanks for your answer!!! :)

Too late to the game ... Now that there is strong talk of US regulators seeking to install new oversight regulations or even worse to Bitcoin, translates all coin, the BTC market might just be annihilated in value once and for all. If it moves tax it, if it stops moving tax it, if it dies tax it again.

https://www.investors.com/news/bitcoin-dives-below-7500-as-china-tries-to-abolish-crypto-platforms/

Lloyds Banking Group (LYG) on Monday said it would prohibit the purchase of cryptocurrencies via credit cards. That announcement followed similar ones last week from JPMorgan Chase(JPM), Citigroup (C) and Bank of America (BAC).

Crypto currencies have long been and are going to become the criminal underworld exchange until regulatory officials put the boot down on its neck. They want their taxes period and/or control or both.

Oh CC purchases are not a big deal... but you see it is. This is how it starts. Once the Fed Reserve gets involved and then uses it power of lobby and contract over the greenback to drag in the United States Treasury you can count on regulating the market of trading the currency to the point of "What was once good is now sour permanently" or they will just legislate it into oblivion by listing it as a crime.

I've said before let BTC crash to a dollar/coin lol... pipedream, and I will snatch up a thousand coin and sit on it for another 20 years. Right now it is waaay too risky for large purchases and thnk about purchasing a large chunk right now and new regulations kick in lowering valuation even more and you panic sell and there is no one to order the coin your trying to sell back to the market. You lose. Too risky right now. Im taking a hiatus from mining to see where this goes and I am relatively new. I would rather buy/sell but its too volatile and frankly I am beginning to see there is zero value behind this currency more and more as the get quick rich magic is wearing off more and more each month.

Last edited:
I have on sitting in my closet. I am thinking about building a mining rig or just returning it. Two people bought this board that I know. 1 got a DOA. The other had his board fry after 2 days of mining and with 8 graphics cards running.
I am really not sure what I want to do with the board I have right now.

Back